Monday 30 July 2012

What keeps you going?


Last week I asked the question: What gets you out of bed? My question this week is: What keeps you going?

When the odds are stacked up against you and life seems like it’s finally turned its back on you, what makes you pick up the pieces of despair and keep going? Having a reason to begin is just as important as having a daily, hourly and per-second reason to keep going. Yes, per second, because giving up is just that easy, it takes a second of throwing your hands in the air and cursing life.

I have been there, an engineering drop out in University, feeling like a failure and wanting to hand in my life at the nearest orphanage or dump site, reality is not that simple though, and thank God it isn’t. I was angry  at my mom for months for calling me a failure and listening to her tell me that I have given up on my life and she is disappointed. I mean, how dare she say that I have given up on this life that I was well, not really fighting for hard enough, but still, how dare she see right  through me into my weakened self that was wallowing in self-pity and laziness? But as they always say: moms always know best and they can never be fooled. I wallowed in self-pity and entertained my anger until I decided to grow up and take responsibility.

You have one life, there are no exchanges or refunds unfortunately. We all have 24 hours in a day and endless abundance from the Universe if we only just believe in ourselves and keep going despite the odds.

Sure, I am not where I had planned to be by the time I’m 22 years old: but I am self-sufficient, I’m working towards a brand new goal and my outlook towards life is way more refreshed and positive.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself you do not want to disappoint the person looking back at you. Your abilities and potential are immense: take the risk of unleashing them. Whether you get your fighting spirit to carry on from books, role models, blogs such as this one or simply believing in yourself: take hold of that and keep running with it. This is a race you simply have to complete or at least run wholeheartedly.



Let’s have an amazing week! :)



QUOTE: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " - Winston Churchill

THOUGH FOR THE WEEK:  Keep going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment